"TIMA" - at a glance... WTH is this?
Tzu chi International Medical Association... Abbreviation TIMA.
Everyone might be wondering why this camp was organised and is it like a medical lecture that we usually have? No... It was actually a camp that not only provide you some medical knowledge, it also taught us about what is a good doctor as such...
Erm... Basically, Saturday morning depart to Penang... Went to "Jing Si Library" (requested by Ee Ling and Wei Ling) but since it only open by 12pm, they decided to follow us to Queensbay Mall... In Queensbay Mall, we split. I shop with BDS pretty senior Miss Tan Si Ying. Haha... Just bought two clothes but not satisfy with my shopping coz its YES (Year-End Sales)!!! In QB mall, we met Robson's gang, Fion and also few recognised face as well... I and Si Ying had lunch in Winter Warmer, then Baskin Robbin's ice-cream as well! Haha... Enjoy to the max...
Next, around 3.30pm, we depart to "Jing Si Tang". A simple opening ceremony by Shi Gu by 5pm... Then, we are lucky enough to have Dr. Chong to share with us his experience in working as a health care worker that help out disaster refuges. Various touching photos and stories are shared. 1st day nth much actually, coz our sleep time is at 9.30pm. I had made a few friends too, like 2 "dui fu" daddy, Dr. Puah, Dr Tan, Nurse Yi Chang, an Engineer and also our (me and Theam How) new best friend in Tzu Chi, Dentish Chong Zhong Jie!!!
The 2nd day, i.e. today =D I had gain even more and more knowledge about one of the big step of Tzu Chi, that is Medicine and Healthcare... I learned about Vegetarian by a "monk"-like doctor. Also, about how the medical classed are conducted in Tzu Chi University, whereby of course AIMST University couldn't provide the same standard as the Tzu Chi university, but I'm still glad that I am in AIMST as a medical student. Also an awakening talk about "Living with our Planet" on how to conserve energy by various ways.Medicine and culture class was the most interesting of all coz the Shi Gu comes all the way from Taiwan just to be part of this TIMA camp. Her attracting character really makes me enjoy her classes about communication with patients.
For this few days, I had took vegetarian's meals. Vegetarian food doesn't make you tired, and thats for sure... But I dun think that I can be a vegetarian =P Also not to forget the special morning exercise by a "yoga-like" instructor. Haha...
Last but not the least, JI DONG and XIANG JI group had serve us very well along the camp. I really appreciate it! I really enjoy this camp... Hope can join next year.
Best regards and till then =)
p/s : I appeared in DA AI news... haha... cheers! :]
謝謝分享。哈哈。
ReplyDelete